Sunday, June 18, 2006

My Morning Jacket performs into the wee hours.

You haven't fully experienced Bonnaroo until you stayed up for a late night performance. At the festival, music roars from the tents until the weeeee hours of the morning and fans party until the crack of dawn. It is nothing to go into the venue early and see endless bodies lying asleep simply too tired to trek the two miles back to their campsite. On Friday night, I was eager to attend my first midnight concert. (Yes, I am ashamed to say that I never made it awake last year past 11:30 p.m.) The venue was That Tent; the band was the hard-rockers from Louisville, Kentucky, My Morning Jacket. My Morning Jacket Performs to a late night crowd - photo by Beth Forester The crowd was crazy and the anticipation was phenomenal. When frontman Jim James appeared on stage only lit by the lantern he was holding, the crowd went into rapture. Jim James of My Morning Jacket - photo by Beth ForesterThe band went on to deliver a three-hour set of pristine rock-n-roll. Jim James was an animal on stage, roaring with his chilling and distinct voice. He paced back and forth, delivering guitar riffs with fierce vigor and unrelenting enthusiasm. In short, it was well worth the loss of sleep. Rock on My Morning Jacket!!! by Beth Forester

No comments: