Sunday, April 27, 2008

Chapmanville Prom





Last night, I photographed Chapmanville High School's Prom. Their theme was "The Secret Garden" and the prom committee had done a wonderful job of transforming the school into a magical place. Everyone looked so nice and they all seemed to have a great time dancing. When I attended the prom over 20 years ago (I know it's scary!!) hardly anyone danced at all. Maybe the occasional slow dance but most of the time we just sat around like a bunch of knots on a log. Not these days, the kids are all dancing, singing and having a great time!! It's fun to watch!


I always enjoy seeing all the kids dressed up in their formal dresses and tuxedos. It's so different from the way I see them when they come in for their senior portraits. Anyway, I wanted to share a few candids I took of some the seniors that I had photographed in the studio earlier in the year. Enjoy!!















No comments: